Monday, January 13, 2014

Update

To say it's been a while since I made a post would be an understatement. It's funny because a lot has changed since my last post, but at the same time a lot hasn't. I was so wrapped up between my daughter and school last semester that I didn't pay my blog, or my goals for that matter, any mind. However, now that my baby is getting older and now that I'm taking all online classes, I should be able to put more focus into myself and my blog/vlog. Hopefully. I am taking 19 credit hours so you may have to bear with me. And that includes a Chemistry course plus lab. Did you know you could take a lab course online? I didn't. But that's beside the point. I'm here to day to give you an update on how everything is going.

WEIGHT
I still have yet to reach my weight goal, but I have lost a good amount of weight. I don't remember if I posted on here how much I weighed when I first started this blog, but when I checked last week I was 126. I would have been reached my goal if I didn't go back and forth between my eating habits and exercise routine. So until I perfect my self discipline, I'll do what I usually do and find someone or something to be a motivator. Now this only works if you know your will is going to be strong enough. I have three tips to finding a good motivator.



1. Don't use something that you don't care enough about. For example, don't use being able to fit into a dress as your motivator if you don't absolutely love the dress and can't wait to get into it.
2. Try to make it for a positive reason, not for revenge purposes or just to prove something to someone. Although it may make you more eager to begin and you may get off to a good quick start, once you feel like you've proved your point, you'll begin to lose focus again.
3. Make sure that whatever you use will take you to your end goal.

Not following these rules is what stopped me from being at my goal weight. I used a girl that I didn't particularly care for as my motivator. Horrible, I know. But we're not here to judge. We're here to become a better us! I'm not sure if that was grammatically correct, but again, no judging. Anyway, I saw a picture of her and it looked as though she lost some weight. She was a very.. meaty girl. So when I saw her slimming down I immediately thought, "I can't let her get smaller than me!" So I worked my butt off and ate right. But since she was such a "meaty" girl, I was able to be smaller than her without reaching my goal. So once I slimmed down to a certain point, I stopped caring. And then I got over my dislike for her and I really stopped caring. Since then my weight has been stuck between 126 and 130. So now I came up with a new source of motivation! I'm not going to say exactly what it is because it's a little personal. Well.. A lot of personal. But it deals with my daughter's father who is an athlete, so I know for sure I will get to where I want to be. I will make a separate post on what I'm currently doing as my workout routine/diet plan.

HAIR
I am no longer natural. *Gasp* I know. Don't worry, I didn't get a relaxer so my curls aren't completely gone. I got a texturizer, again. I wanted to get one again for a while but at the same time I wanted to dye my hair a golden blonde kind of color and I knew it would require bleach. I refused to put both in my hair though, so I was debating on which did I really want more. To be honest, I actually wanted the bleach more. But I felt like the texturizer was a smarter choice. And I'm so glad I did it! My hair is so much more easier to manage now. My curls aren't all the same, but they never were. It was just harder to notice before. I don't really mind that though. I have a few straight strands but I'm not sure if that's from damage or from the way I style it. But luckily they're in the back so they're not really noticeable. I haven't straightened it since I put it in, but I will be straightening it this weekend so I'll update you guys on how it turns out. Hopefully it lasts longer now. I'll make a separate post on the products I'm currently using.

SKIN
I just, and I mean literally just, started taking better care of my skin. It's still a work in progress. I'm going to test out different brands and see what I like before I get into more detail about this. But I will make a post about it soon.

Well I think that about sums it up. I'll link my posts to the separate posts once I write them. Blog you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment