Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Workout Plan

Okay.. I know I was supposed to have this up ages ago, but remember that Chemistry class I was talking about? Yea, well it's already throughly kicking my butt. Plus I was in-between what I should do as far as my diet went. But now I have it all planned out and ready to share with you!

Okay so I basically have a little workout "gumbo" going on.

For my cardio I'm using Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs workout DVDs. I think this DVD set is absolutely perfect for those of you that are beginners. It works you out but still takes you at relatively slow place, so you don't feel overwhelmed. I was attempting to do Insanity the last time I was working out, and man... It was so difficult that when it came time to workout I felt so discouraged. It made me not even want to do anything. So make sure whatever you choose for cardio is something that you can handle.

In addition to Hip Hop Abs I'm doing several 30 day-challenges. I'm doing the 30-day crunch challenge again. If you don't remember it from my last post here it is.




I'm also doing two other workouts for my abs. I'm doing flutter kicks (my boyfriend said they might also be called butterfly kicks or scissors) and I'm doing... Well, I don't know what they're called. But I lay on my back and lift my legs straight up in the air, as straight as they'll go at least, and then I try to reach for my toes. I only do 3 sets of 15 of these two workouts because they're a little more challenging. I think I'm about to up the count on the 2nd one because it's getting easier, but the flutter kicks... They're something serious. I do keep them on the same schedule as the regular crunch challenge though.

I'm also doing workouts for my glutes, because, like every other woman, I want the perfect butt. I found this somewhere on IG a while ago.


So that's exactly what I'm doing! Three separate 30-day challenges to target those areas.

You can ignore the dates on the jumping jack challenge. That was the only decent one I could find. I also do this thing where I hold my arms straight up in the air. My boyfriend said it will help and he's an athlete so I guess I'll take his word for it. I do it for 2 minutes with weights and 3 without.

But that pretty much sums up my workout regimen! I've been on it for three days so far. Well technically it's been almost 2 weeks, but I restarted my days when I changed my diet plan. I want it all to be on the same timeline. I won't be posting any pictures or weight updates until a month later, but I will be taking pics weekly so you guys can see the actual transformation when I do post it. I hope this post was helpful and gave you some ideas for your own workout plans! Blog to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment