Saturday, June 29, 2013

Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Rough Rubber

In case you guys didn't know, I am natural. I have very curly hair that doesn't like to stay put. And although I try to use all natural products, when it comes to slicking down my hair I will use whatever works. So when I received the Rough Rubber in my VoxBox I was very excited. It was right up my ally!


The product has a weird texture to it, feels kind of like a paste. But it has a nice smell to it, a smell unlike any hair product I've used. Most products that smell nice usually come off as fruity, but this smells very floral like. However it's very very strong. So strong that it made my nose tingle. It was so bad that it was initially a turn off for me, but the results made up for it.



When I first used it I straightened my hair the day before. Unfortunately when I woke up the next morning it was a hot mess. I sweat it out and my hair wrap came off. So I figured it was the perfect time to test out just how well the product works! I used it all over the front of my hair to help lay it down and pin it back. Now normally I use Lets Jam! to lay my hair down and if any of you used it before you know it makes your hair really slick back, so I was kind of expecting and hoping for the same results. I didn't get it however. While it did lay my hair back, it didn't give it that shiny "fresh out the shower" kind of look, and I was a little disappointed. I told myself then that I probably wouldn't use the product again or purchase it. A few hours later I was on my laptop and I just happened to touch my hair and let me tell you, it was amazing. My hair felt firm, like I could walk out the house and be confident that it would stay down. And it wasn't that hard, extra crunchy feeling either. It was soft enough that I could change my hairstyle if needed to, but firm enough that I didn't have to worry about it changing on its own. In short, it was perfect. It's better than Let's Jam! in my opinion because you don't get a long lasting hold with the jam. I forgot to take before pics like a dummy so here are some pics of the end results. Please ignore my face, I know it's a mess.


I think this product is great! And I can honestly say that I will be looking for it to purchase it as soon as I run out. The only drawback is the smell problem. But I'm hoping if I use it with another product it won't be as strong. You can find out more about Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ and their products here.

No comments:

Post a Comment