Wednesday, June 19, 2013

imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway


So as shown in my previous post I received a press-on nail set by Broadway in my Spring Fever VoxBox. I'm not really a fan of press-on nails since I have yet to find one that is durable, and unfortunately trying out these nails did not change my mind.

The nails come in a very cute packaging made to look like a nail polish bottle which, to me, was a plus. After all, us girls love to buy things that are cute, right? And it was also convenient for storing the extra nails just incase you may need them later on.




The nail color I received was called Holla! and I absolutely loved it. I loved it in the packaging and I loved it even more on my hands. I don't get my nails don't often, almost never actually, so putting this on made me feel very pretty.

Unfortunately it had all the qualities of press-on nails that I just don't like. While it was relatively easy to find a nice fit for each nail, they weren't all perfect fits. Some left a little of my nail hanging off to the side, which I absolutely can't stand. Of course I know it's impossible for them to make a nail to fit perfect for every person out there, but that's why I don't like press-ons! The other and the main downfall was the durability. These say they last 1 week, but for me they didn't even last a day. And by the second day all but 3 nails were gone. Now I will say I was in a rush when I applied them so I probably didn't press hard enough. And also I'm a very rough person, so I was putting a lot of pressure against them by doing things like scratching my head and such. But again, I don't feel like I should have to walk on eggshells with what I do when I have on fake nails.

Overall the design was very very cute and it was easy to apply, but I personally wouldn't buy them. But as I said numerous times above, press-on nails just aren't my thing. However if they are your thing then the ones from Broadway would be a great kind to try. They have a variety of beautiful designs to choose from that retail at $7.99. And if you're into nails with just solid colors then they only cost $5.99, both of which sound like pretty good prices to me. You can purchase the nails in stores such as CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, KMart, Walgreens, and Walmart. For more information and to see the colors and designs available check out their official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment