Friday, May 24, 2013

Palmolive® Soft Touch™


As you can see by the badge on the side of my blog, I am an active member of a website called Influenster. If you don't know what Influenster is you can read a detailed review on it here, but basically it's a site where you review products and sometimes get free products sent to you to test out and review. Recently I was sent two products from them of Palmolive's new Soft Touch dish washing liquid, and I decided I might as well make an extensive review of it on here. After all, mamas wash dishes and stuff, right?



Anyway I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I truly am loving it. And no, I'm not just saying this because it was sent to me for free. You see growing up my mom pretty much instilled in me that bleach was the almighty house cleaning product. If something isn't cleaned with bleach, it isn't clean. So when I wash dishes, I have to use bleach in my dish water. The problem with that is it always leaves my hands dry. At least until now. I have been washing dishes multiple times a day on a daily basis with this dish liquid and my hands are still moisturized! Well, they're not exactly moisturized per se, but I blame that on my lack of a skin care regimen and pregnancy drying my skin out all over. However, they're not peeling and feeling cracked and brittle like they do with other dish washing liquids. And this is with me still using bleach in my water! It does cut through grease like advertised, but since I use bleach I'm not sure if it's the combination of the two doing it or the soap itself, so I don't want to go into too much detail with that. But some more pros are that it smells heavenly (The Vitamin E version smells fruity and tropical and the Coconut Butter smells like... Well, coconut) and it is really concentrated. A little truly does go a long way.

One thing I will say though is don't get carried away like I did and think you can use it as an alternative for hand soap when you're cooking and cleaning around the kitchen. You can't. At the end of the day it is still dish washing liquid and it should be treated as such. Also, it doesn't say anything about being antibacterial, if you're into that kind of thing. I know my mom always uses Ajax simply because it says it fights against bacteria, but that doesn't really matter to me. After all, that's what the bleach is for.

Any who, long review short, I think that this is a great product and it truly is "Tough on Grease and Soft on Hands" as it advertises. Something that is sadly rare these days. You can check out more info about the product here and read more reviews on Influenster. Also it is available for sale at your local Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment