Thursday, May 23, 2013

Introduction

Hello! My name is Genah and I pretty much suck at making introductions, but I'm going to try for the sake of my (future) readers. I am a 19 year old college student and I am currently 8 months pregnant. You might be wondering "What does that have to do with anything?"... Well it has everything to do with everything! Okay, so maybe not everything, but it has to do with everything related to this blog. You see, by having a baby so young, I've deprived myself from being able to do many things, at least temporarily, and I know that. However, I am tired of hearing people tell me and insinuate things like your life is over, your body is ruined, and things will never be the same again. While the latter is true, it doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing! Sure, having a baby is a life changing experience for everyone, but that doesn't mean the former life you had has to diminish completely.



And that's where this blog comes in. I am here to prove them all wrong and help anyone in the same situation do it as well. I know I can still be the beautiful make-up loving, fashion forward teen/young adult that I once was and be a great mommy at the same time. I may have to tweak a couple of my previous habits (I was slowly but surely on the way the a shopping addiction and eventually bankruptcy), but the overall gist will be the same. I refuse to have one child and immediately let myself go! Just because I have to take care of someone else now doesn't mean I have to stop taking care of myself. Of course I am by no means an expert at all of this. This is my first child, first pregnancy, first everything. But it will be a learning process, and hopefully we can help each other reach our goals.

Let me finish this off by saying I am by no means promoting teen pregnancy. While I do love my baby girl with all my heart and I wouldn't change having her for the world, I know I could have easily waited and felt the same way minus all the stress, tears, heartbreak, and extra hard work I'm going to have to put in. So to those of you youngins that don't have any kids and have none on the way, keep doing what you're supposed to and wait until you're mentally, emotionally, and financially stable. But for those of you like me, welcome to our journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment